Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 15-Run 10/walk 1 for 2x with 8 minute run at the end

Well, let me just say this! Running is an athletic endeavor and you must strive to eat healthy and live healthy. Last week I was struck with what I thought was an earache. All my home remedies were of no avail. Finally, yesterday I went to my doctor who pronounced my ears perfectly healthy but my jaw was another matter. It seems I have "TMJ". I've heard of it but had never experienced it before! I am on soft foods and painkillers and YES, I have continued my running! Today was really tough! I ran the first ten minutes and then walked a minute but when I started my second ten minutes I got terrible stomach cramps and had to hobble home.I only got five minutes into the second run. Sooo, this afternoon when I got in I tried to make up the run time, which I did and then some. I don't think it's as good of an effect when you split the run, but in times of emergency you just gotta do what ya gotta do! I've decided in times when I am sick or under the weather I will split the run. I am feeling much better now that I know how to lessen the pain.
Running continues to mentally challenge me, but I need it. I do believe it's the only real challenge I am facing in my life right now other than raising a teenager with the help of my parents. Honestly, THAT is the hardest part of my life and he's a GREAT kid! I can't imagine if he was horrible or something!I guess compared to others, I don't have problems, then, do I?

No comments: