Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 30 went out with a whimper

Gee, I hate writing whimper in my blog title. Work has been kicking my butt lately. Left on a school trip Friday, tried to run on the beach..ouch, that is a painful thing to do! Ate junk food on the road, rode all night in a charter bus...you get the picture. NOT conducive to a runner's life. So, I only logged 8.5 miles last week because of it. This week my goal is increased time. I'm not going to think about distance. I'm just going to up my time to 35 minutes and run it no matter how far I go. I've got to put it in high gear for the 5K's coming up.
A bright spot? When I got home at 4:30a.m. Sunday from the trip, my new Runner's World mag was here. Talk about divine intervention. I slept all yesterday and will rest again today, but tomorrow? back on it with a vengeance!

1 comment:

maggie moran said...

Glad you are home. We loved Cats Thursday night! Were you involved?

Pete bought me a Wii Saturday and today I did the run. You run in place and I think it took three minutes. So much fun! The Yoga is hard core, too!

Getting warmer out there. Are you ready to change to fit the upcoming heat? ;)