Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Week 4 of the "RP"

I started Week 4 of the Beginning Running book runner's log. My rest day is Monday which is great due to my teacher Sunday night apprehension(don't know why I call it that, I love my job!). Last Saturday and Sunday just about killed me! I was getting over a virus AND dealing with female issues.I went to the track both days because that seems to cheer me up.I still struggled both days, but I pushed through instead of letting it defeat me. That was a victory for me. I really enjoy running on the track. So I was a little nervous about beginning the "2 minute run/2 minute walk with 2 minute push at end" this morning. I even told myself I could stay on week 3 1:30 run/2:00 walk ratio if I needed to. But here's what happened. This morning was probably the best run/walk I've ever had. The 2 minutes running seemed easier than the 1:30! I have no idea why other than I was rested, I set a reasonable pace from the beginning and tried to relax into it. This is why I am doing it: For that time during the run when something just clicks inside of me and I feel real at home with myself! This is a spiritual experience for me. Anyone who knows me well, knows this activity does not resemble how I usually live! I believe when you do something that you KNOW you are not capable of doing, that that's grace on your life, God's grace..unmerited, unearnable...just a gift to you because He loves you.So I thank God for the grace to run/walk...just for today...that's all we have.

4 comments:

jo ellen said...

So, I see what you are doing at school, ha. I don't believe in running unless I am being chased. Besides, I trip over just walking.

Susie said...

That wasn't your fault! That backpack obviously had it in for you! You know me, I'll do this for as long as it entertains me, but here's hoping the entertainment value lasts for awhile!

Tenise said...

Good for you, Susie. I would like to walk on my road but the traffic is heavy and the drivers are foolish. Do enough for me!

Susie said...

Tenise, you are blogging too? GREAT! Thanks for visiting my blog. Who knows how long I'll continue this craziness, but so far, so good!