Sunday, August 17, 2008

Where The Rubber Meets The Road

So far, this blog has been all about the "summer me", the "I'm not working but I'm still gettin' a paycheck me", the " I have three looooong monthes stretching out before me me". Amazing how much I accomplished and how little I accomplished in those three monthes. Now, the rubber meets the road. Am I a true blogger or just a "fair weather friend" blogger? Only time will tell.
Thanks to one of my "new favorite people", Maggie Reads, I've been "Susie Reads" th is summer. Thanks to a looming 50th birthday, I've been "Susie walks then tries to run". Those are two things I desperately want to take with me into the fall.I've loved reading the book reviews, learning the lingo (I, too, have a long "TBR" list now that I know what that means.), visiting blogs from all over the world. This is thanks to Maggie who I view as kind of a local celebrity at the school. She won this GREAT award last week and I just stood up, cheered and tried to whistle. That girl has some charisma and an extra dose of talent! Proud to know her.
So, this may be my last entry until next May and the next Southern Reading Challenge.....but I sure hope not! Anybody else shocked that school is back in session? Anybody else wondering if they can keep up the "good stuff" from a summer break?

3 comments:

maggie moran said...

You can always turn this into a learning to run while reading blog. That is if you exercise with an iPod or other MP3! :D This is my running, um, not lately blog. I stopped after the race. :P

Thanks for the nice words. So, how was Star Wars?

Susie said...

Well, what I did was this: dropped he and his friend off at the movies and went to Square Books and mooched off them by sitting in a comfy chair and reading excerpts from some books I was interested in until they closed. Then I went to Wal Mart and bought the new Runner's World magazine which had a GREAT article about running shoes and running bras...my two obsessions right now. Sat in the car in the rain and read by the dashboard light until they got out. They LOVED it by the way. Pete or you were right...it was funny...had a lot of humor in it.

QueenBee said...

No, Susie, don't stop! Keep us updated on what you're reading and doing!