Sunday, February 8, 2009

I logged 9.4 miles this week

Yes, you read it right! This week I added a fifth short run which brought me to 9.4 miles. There were some really great moments this week. I find that running alleviates stress. That if I'm upset or worried I can hit the pavement and a lot of the troubled thoughts seem to dissipate. So, it's in the head..this running..I have maintained that concept for quite some time now...today, though it was my short run, I had hard time getting into it..it was really warm compared to what I'd been used to..it was an afternoon run and I usually run in the mornings...and I was in a moody black funk mood...the mood did lighten a bit but those feelings were pretty intense..I daresay it would have taken a run to Sardis Lake and back to chase those dark thoughts away.. Oh, well..maybe another day, huh?
I am working toward ten miles per week.I think it will probably take another six weeks to work up to that.
Tomorrow is a rest day and then Tuesday..it starts again. I am anxious for Tuesday already...

4 comments:

sage said...

.1 more mile a day and you've got it! Good for you.

Susie said...

Thanks, Sage! I'm getting there, slowly but surely! There's a newbie running column in Runner's World and it's SO boring! I want to write and tell them "I'm the real thing going through this!" Thanks for the encouragement!

maggie moran said...

Yay! Ya know, Sardis Lake would be a great run!

Anonymous said...

I do think you need someone to run with, maybe a Presbyterian from Oxford :)