Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Week 20-Run 20/walk 1/run 9

I had the best dream last night! It was right up there with my "eating all I want and still be skinny" dreams(yes! isn't that weird? but I do really have those!)and the incredibly wonderful sexy dreams(yes! I have those too! What can I say? As a single mom, it's the closest I can get to romance in this small town!)
Let's see...where was I? I was running down the long street in front of my house that is parallel to a railroad track. I was wearing a sparkling red running top and shorts...it practically glowed! There was also a red Japanese tourist bus following me(okay, that detail is how we know it's a dream..HA!)I was running along and as I was running I looked down and my legs began to define themselves with the muscles of an olympic runner...I felt like I was running faster than the wind. It was a wonderful, uplifting,encouraging, made me want to get out in the cold rain and run kind of dream. I am still in the afterglow of it! Like I said..I LOVE running!!
Yesterday I ran in the sleet and rain and I loved it. Today it looks like it'll just be running in the plain old rain...no glamorous sleet today. I finally bought some long running pants. I've been running in capri tights. I like having some skin exposed on my legs, but yesterday's sleet made me realize it was time to "winterize"...the southern version, at least. I've been running with wool cap and fleece lined jacket and pulling my hands up into the sleeves when it got cold. I don't like being tied down with gloves...makes it too difficult to reset running timer on my phone. So, now I will add some running pants.
One more thing..I LOVE the Nike Dri-fit fabric. It's like running wrapped up in a soft cloth. Will invest in more soon, now that I've discovered that.

4 comments:

maggie moran said...

Love the dream. When I was training for the marathon '95 I would run in my sleep just like a dog or cat! :) You have inspired me - maybe I'll run a little tomorrow.

Susie said...

Run! Let's do a 5K together in the spring! And it's okay if you run ahead of me! It won't hurt my feelings. Remind me to tell you what I found out...they call men and women who are over a certain weight that run CLYDESDALES! Isn't that horribly hilarious??

sage said...

Way to go! In my dreams I've run at least a 1/2 dozen marathons... I first dreamed about this in my early 20s, but my knees would never hold out so I cross country ski or do elipitical or body trex in the gym.

Susie said...

People keep telling me about the knee thing, Sage, and, frankly, I'm surprised mine haven't rebelled. So far, so good so I will run with the grace given me!