Monday, December 22, 2008

Week 21-Run 23/walk1/run 6

Even after indulging too much at a Christmas party last night, still the run was great! I find that it's more of a psychological challenge. The beginning of the run requires mental adjustment from the sedentary mindset...but once I find the rhythm of the run, it's soothing, relaxing, guilt-free, solitary chill out time. I always thought runners were like very aggressive and that you had to run like you were about to have a heart attack. Not so! Not so! It's a relaxing thing...you have to let go of the tension and stress to enjoy the run.Granted, I will NOT be breaking any 5K records in the 50 year old category...but I don't really care! Once again I draw on the encouraging words of John "the penguin" Bingham...waddle on! I don't care if my pace seems slow,as long as I am enjoying the run and I'm sweating when I get home, then that's fast pace enough for me.

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

Waddle On! Merry Christmas and Happy (no trippin') New Year! ;D

Susie said...

Amen to that! Merry Christmas to you and hubby! See you in the New Year(hopefully waddling with less weight on me!)