Friday, May 16, 2008

Arrrgh! My home computer is messing with my mind! Please don't think me rude when I don't respond to your comments. My new found "friend", my blog, is inaccessible from home computer right now. Calling in techno geniuses to fix it in the next few days! So far I've begun reading "Lost Souls"(underwhelming me despite the reviews), "Garden Spell"(semi-underwhelming me despite the reviews) and "The Year of Living Biblically"(love it, but not southern based....see? I'm cheating already!) Hope everyone has a wonderful summer and I look forward to being back "on blog" from home soon!

4 comments:

maggie moran said...

Isn't Jacobs a hoot! Have you got to the part where he stones sinners? I'm rolling on the floor just thinking about it! ;D

jo ellen said...

i enjoyed Garden Spells, but thought it was kind of Lifetime Movie. Terry and I are in Crossville , tn. we have just seen 3 plays in one day. but i had to check the blogs.

maggie moran said...

Hi Susie,

I'm doing the first of 5 contests for the autographed Mudbound books. Go here if you would like to play.

Susie said...

Here I am at the Batesville Library computer, it's the only place I can get my "blog fix" until I figure out what I have done to deny my blog access on my own computer. I am starting to sound strange about the blog, I know. I just go so hooked on it so soon and for it to be snatched away from me, well it's like a mini-death.Anyway, no, Maggie, I haven't gotten to that Jacobs part in Garden Spells. I just force read "Lost Souls" and ended up skimming the last 100 pages. So, I am not counting it as one of my three southern books read. I just picked up "The Mercy of Thin Air" and am hopeful it will be one of "the ones".
Maggie, I would like to play the Mudbound contest. So far I've got "The Yellow House With The Red Door", which is what I always call my home. A little too literal for this contest, I'll go vaguer and more artsy, yes? HA! Well, I'm running out of time on the library computer. Happy reading, all!
Sooo, in summary: I am reading "Mudbound" and "The Mercy of Thin Air" and will, hopefully, have some comments about them soon. Happy reading, all!