Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"The Mercy of Thin Air" by Ronlyn Domingue

"The Mercy of Thin Air" by Ronlyn Domingue. There it is, the first southern book I am officially reading for this summer. Oh my goodness! Set in Louisiana, it deals with Razi, someone who is "in between" life and eternity. Domingue has an uncanny way of describing all those unforgettable southern fragrances that are in our every day lives. One reason I love living at 2o3 Boothe Street is because I spent my teenaged years here. Certain flowers blooming remind me of the May that I graduated from high school. The sounds of May remind of that sweet first love walking me to the door after a date during that same "senior summer". This book is hard to put down and is so much more than a "mystery". Beautifully written, must leave blog for now to continue reading it!

1 comment:

Eva said...

I'm so jealous that you know some of the places referenced in the book!