Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer getting in the way of reading.

Here I sit with two books burning in my hands to read. I am dying to read them, to curl up on my soft green couch with the air conditioner full blast and lose myself in them, to savor them. Instead, what have I been doing? Cleaning out closets, taking an embarrasing amount of junk to Salvation Army. Readying myself and my place for a little "storm damage renovation".I hate it when things lure me from my love...my books. I'm the one that does it to myself, can't blame anyone else.When I started this blog thing, I was such a purist! I think I checked out like 20 books the first week. Of course, I never got through all of them. Son gone to scout camp this week,clutter going down by the day, so this may be the week, ya'll! When I get back on track! Now, I'm going to the movies Monday, working at school the next two days...sooo, Thursday it is! Thursday is the marathon, savor it while you read it day.
Ecology of a Cracker Childhood, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek(half way through already). I am scheduling a reading day...in the summer! Ridiculous, but hope I'm not alone in this struggle. Look for a "cracker"jack review next weekend!:)

1 comment:

jo ellen said...

Do you know that orientation is tues and thurs? I didn't either. I saw Marilyn fri. and she swears that it was set up that way. You better read on Wed.