Saturday, September 27, 2008

My BABIES! My first REAL pair of running shoes!!



It's a beautiful thing, buying real running shoes!Pictured are my Asics GT-2130 stability/motion control shoes coupled with my Wigwam Ironman Flash Pro socks. Eight weeks I've been running on, I'm embarassed to say, Reebok walking shoes of some sort. I have diligently researched my shoe choice, clutching my ragged page from Runner's World magazine as I walked into a running store this afternoon. It was a rough start, the store being filled with young thin people who had no interest in helping me find shoes. I may as well have been in a foreign country for all the sense the shoe names made to me. Finally, trying to hide my irritation, I asked for help. She had no clue but, God bless her, she said "There's someone in the back who runs, let me get her." And from there the day just got great! I met Christina, a college student/runner enthusiast who from the get go embraced and acknowledged my dream of running. An hour later after gleaning all kinds of helpful advice from her, I left with the above pictured shoes and a $13 pair of socks. Yep, thirteen bucks, but well worth the expense.Cannot WAIT to get out on the road in the morning. Hats off to Christina, a college student runner who also shared her faith with me.

3 comments:

maggie moran said...

They are beautiful! You will feel so light on your feet for a couple of weeks! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep on truckin'!

Susie said...

Thanks! Tried them out on a track at USM this morning(on a school trip). NICE! The first time out with them was a little rough. My right foot had to adjust to a new feeling, but today, my second run, was SO much better! 7 minute run/2minute walk three times with a 3 minute run at the end!Whew!