Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First "Out of Town on School Trip" Run!


I am so encouraged! This morning I got up and sought out a running track on the college campus where I was attending a conference. This goes SO against my grain! I knew, however, that if I didn't run this morning that I would worry all day about breaking my routine. It was a nice trail(see above picture) populated with walking groups and lone joggers. I just kept saying"You are a penguin runner,it does not matter that these are in shape college kids flying by you,you are a penguin runner, slow and steady,the tortoise and the hare, you are the tortoise, but the tortoise wins in the long run."
Thanks to all that offer encouraging words. They really help.
Week 9: 7 minute run/2minute walk 3x with a 3 minute run at the end.

2 comments:

sage said...

Congratulations, it sounds like you are getting better--running most of the time and only walking a little.

As for running with the college students, you reminded me of why I go to a gym near a retirement community. There are at least as many folks older than me than there are who younger!

Susie said...

I totally get that! I am in an area sparsely populated with runners. So sparse that when I see one, I want to stop and ask them who they are, how long they have been running etc.It was good to get into a big picture kind of situation at the university. It gave me some perspective, though it would have been nice to have passed some "geriatric" runners to feed my ego! Ha!