Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week 8! Who Would've Thought It?


Week 8: Run 6/walk 2 for 3x with an additional 6 minutes at the end. My favorite part is the running!During the final 6 minute run I felt a burst of energy and so I pushed it.. probably a little too much because the last two minutes took FOREVER!! Still, a great sense of accomplishment. Trying to find time to get to Fleet Feet in Memphis for bonafide running shoes. Busy times and worn out inappropriate shoes...a bad combination for a fledgling runner. Will keep this blog posted.John Bingham books are a lifesaver. I identify with his term "penguin runner". He says to run for the love of it, don't tie weight loss into it. Your weight loss plan should be separate. Love the running, fuel the running with good food and it will fall into place. I think he's right. I can't WAIT to run 30 minutes(that will be in January) and then to look toward my first 5K in the late spring. Great plans for this fast approaching fifty year old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep running, baby!

Sam

Susie said...

That's the plan, anyway! Thanks, Sam!