Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Now the Running's Hard!

Okay, it took four weeks for me to find it hard to run. How embarassing that I discovered it this morning on my big three minute at a time run! This week the ratio is 3 min run/2 min walk; Oh my gosh! First of all, I am going to need some music to distract me from my thoughts. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that it was physically hard, I could do it...but mentally I struggled not to want to just stop jiggling around, you know? I'm in it for the long haul and I will not give up, but I do think I will need to bring some "entertainment" for my relative long haul. For the record, I ran 3 min/walked 2 min for 6 x. I gauge how far I pushed myself by how sweaty I am. My shirt was really wet! So, yay!Everything I read says running is a mental game, that if you get your head right, the running is right.So, I'm gonna work on my head.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the running!!!

Sam

Susie said...

Thanks, "anonymous sam"! Gonna add some tunes to the mix to get me over the hump.

maggie moran said...

You can do it!

Hubby and I went out midday Monday and I got a bad case of heat exhaustion! Didn't know if I would make it home so hubby hailed me a ride. I'm just thrilled I didn't paint the man's truck floors with cheerios! :P

This was the run 2 minutes and walk 4. Does one day a week count as exercise?

QueenBee said...

Susie--it's been too long! Wow, you've done so much...keep up the running. I tried and it lasted all of two weeks, but you are an inspiration, maybe I'll try it again.

Susie said...

Do! Try again! Today was SO much better. I'm encouraged!
Maggie, I am strongly convicted that, yes, one day of any kind of running is noble and worthy effort and equals a week!