Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week 5 of Run/Walk Not So Bad!

Granted, I may have just jinxed myself with that blog title. This morning I ran 4 minutes and walked 2 for 5x. I'd had a "food lapse" yesterday, that's my politically correct term for "food that does not help fuel my runs". It involved homemade lemon squares,chips and the chemically composed french onion dip AND it involved standing at my kitchen counter while I ate it. Those are all the gory details of that little binge you will get! HA! In my defense, I didn't bake the squares or buy the chip/dip, so at least it wasn't premeditated, right? Anyway, all last night I kept preparing myself for a difficult run this morning due to the kind of food I ate. Then my body gave me a gift, the run 4 mins was awesome! I relaxed into the experience and enjoyed almost every bit of it. The key is not to panic and to distract yourself with music, at least that's my key and that's the only kind of key that counts for me. I do not encourage encouragement of what I am doing. When my family is positive I shush them and tell them they will jinx this if I hear the positive stuff. Strange little psyche I have. It's a personal journey,competition,quest and I can't mar it with outside input. But I do appreciate your positive comments on this blog. So far, ya'll haven't jinxed me. HA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating standing up in the kitchen will do it every time!

Sam

Susie said...

I know! Can't believe I fell for that old "eating at the counter" trick!UGH!Avoiding kitchen counters at all costs for awhile! HA!

jo ellen said...

i hope i don't jynx you, but i'm proud of you.

Susie said...

Eeek!!! Not the "proud" word! Possibility of a jinx but I will do my best to resist the encouragement. HA!It's a mental game, not a physical one and that's the biggest surprise of all to me.