Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And then after such a crappy run...nirvana!!

Week 13(or as I prefer to say "I'm starting my fourth month of running")run 6/walk 1 four times with 2 minute push run at end. So, today after such a horrible Sunday run, the memory of that still so fresh in my runner's psyche, I have one of the BEST runs of my life! Talk about your yen and yang! At one point I felt as if I were FLYING, but then I remembered a quote from John Bingham's "Running for Mortals" in which he said "I thought I was running so fast until I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window and realized I was a penguin...a penguin runner." Well, that's probably what I looked like but I FELT like I was running with the wind. It was exhilarating and I'm still not over the experience!It's a mind game, a head game and if I can just keep remembering that, I'll only get stronger and better.
This week, also, I finally made it to the two mile mark. So, in two miles time I ran 26 minutes and walked 4. Not bad for this approaching fifty single mom! YES! RUNNING ROCKS!!
HOWEVER, I am seriously lacking warm running clothes. I looked like a homeless woman running in the dark this morning. Pi-ti-ful! This weekend...shopping for running clothes, if nothing else!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run, homeless girl, RUN!

Sam

Susie said...

HA! After I get some cool running clothes it'll be "Run, girl dressed in cool running clothes, run!"