Thursday, October 2, 2008

How I Knew When I'd Turned Another Running Corner



Tonight I took my chocolate loving self to Walgreen's to buy something for my son's school project, FULLY intending on grabbing some oreo cookies. Here's what happened instead. I ran into someone who knew me when I was young and slender and that triggered a thought to see if the new Runners World magazine was out yet. It was, and so was the new Women's Health mag. I bought both of them instead of the Oreos. That is a POWERFUL exchange of values for me, people. Thank God!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say no to Oreos!

Sam

Susie said...

I agree! Now I have to say no to giant hershey bars too! HA!

Tenise said...

Well, I just bought a giant hershey candy bar with almonds in them. So, I have failed the test. But, congratulations on staying focus. Basically, if you want to look and feel different, you got to do something different AND you are doing it.

Susie said...

One day at a time, Tenise. That's all I've got. I've started and stopped more health programs than I can count. Hopefully, I will keep this up. Thanks for the encouragement!

maggie moran said...

This is truly a break through! My diet totally changes when I run. Fried foods make me sick to my stomach and sugar effects my breathing. I avoid these things on run days, and often eat a salad. Man, last year I ate a couple of my granmother's sugar cookies before a run, and almost didn't make it back! :)

Good job, Susie!

Susie said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's one day at a time for me, just like for everyone else. Today is my rest day and I'm home with a migraine. I'm so relieved to have it today and not tomorrow when I start a new running week!