Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Body Begins To Crave A Good Stretch

Finishing up Week 10 of the run/walk program, I begin to notice my body needs/wants more and more stretching after a run. I am collecting different stretching exercises and am finding out that extending my run with a 15 or 20 minute stretching session really enhances the whole experience! Think of how good it feels when you have a good yawn and stretch....that's how it feels when you are putting your body through the paces of specific stretches for specific parts of your body! I get the feeling that running is just a springboard for other things, that it enhances so many areas of your life. There's a new kind of confidence that is beginning to grow deep inside of me from this quest of mine.

1 comment:

Tenise said...

Susie,

Your body is craving a good stretch. My body is craving sweets. I am trying AGAIN to workout and cut back on sweets. It is really hard. But, I am going to try to hang in here this time. You are my mentor. I am so thrilled about your ongoing progress.