Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ya just keep going, not matter what! That's the key!


Today was a brutal run! I've not had one of those since the early days. I delayed my usual early morning run until after church and Sunday dinner. Maybe that was it! Last week I did the same thing and I was fine. Hmmm..it was hotter than usual..in the 70's and the sun bore down on me the whole time. I didn't realize how physically distressed I was until I finished. It took me a while to cool down. I need to pay attention to the elements of our fickle seasonal changes and adjust my runs accordingly. Glad tomorrow is a rest day as I look forward to starting my fourth month of this!

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

I'm getting up tomorrow and running! I feel like a sloth; plus, my latest photos aren't flattering! I got a Facebook to look skinny on!

I'm glad you are okay! Heat has a way on knocking me out. Which 5k will you be doing?

Susie said...

Well, there is one in November in Memphis, something to do with cats, meow a thon or something? Then there's one mid December in Memphis(not the st. jude one)Probably mid December after my school concert stress time is over will be the one I could try. Today shook me up but we are all just gonna have those days. Good luck with your run, girl! And, by the way, you don't take a bad pic! That's crazy talk!:)