Thursday, January 15, 2009

Schizophrenic Runner That I Am, Today I HATED Running in the "Brisk Cold"

What a struggle I am having this week. My mind is really battling to stay in bed on these cold mornings. It is SO hard to throw the covers back and get up and get dressed to run. Here's the thing, though. Once I get outside there's a smile in my heart about running. So, what that tells me is I have to ignore the lazy voice inside that says "Snooze button...just one more time." I also think there is a part of me that's scared to get to the next level...which will be "run 30 minutes". Strange, huh? Wonder why that scares me. Not something I can figure out here in this blog, but food for thought, definitely.
For the record, I did take my underarmored self out into the elements to run this morning and felt so much better when I did.

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

You are brave! I wouldn't even walk with hubby yesterday afternoon! :P

Susie said...

Probably not so much brave as running away from being in my 50's! Trying to reverse the aging process..HA!