Monday, January 26, 2009

So, I guess this is week 25 but there's no week 25 in my book! Yikes!

Today I began week 25 of running. I ran for 30 minutes. I ran out of running log entries in the back of my "Beginning Running" book. Fortunately, when I subscribed to Runner's World magazine a while back, they sent me a Runner's logbook. It's a little more complicated but I can see where it will help me improve my running. There are all kinds of things I can add in now that I've hit the 30 minute mark averaging 2.2 miles right now. One thing I thought was interesting was something called...well I forget what it's called and the logbook is upstairs...so...anyway...it's something that helps you prep for running a 5K. Details later when I RE-read it.
So, I guess I'm a runner. I am technically an Athena runner because I weigh over 145 pounds. I wonder why that makes me feel less of a runner. Maybe because all I see are lean runners in the magazines. Surely, I'd LIKE to be one of those lean runners. My legs and arms are already lean but parts of me...ummmm...NOT so lean!And, thankfully, I'm not really running to lose weight, though I'm watching my calories because the lighter I am the better the run. I'm running because I LOVE it! I love how I feel when I'm running(most of the time) and I REALLY love the way I feel when I'm doing a post run stretch session and I REALLY REALLY like the way I feel emotionally about myself and who I am now. THAT'S the best...the greatest reward I've got going right now. And that's enough for me!

No comments: