Friday, January 9, 2009

Week 23-Run 28/walk 1/run 1

Today I started week 23. This is significant in that this is a 24 week plan. Next week I will be running 30 minutes straight! If you read back to my last entry and what a rough run it was, it will make this entry all the more meaningful. This was one of the best runs of my life!(Of course, the true context is the last 6 monthes 'cause that's all I've ever run in my life.) I felt like I was running on air, it felt good, the tunes playing in my ear were vintage high school favorites and I found myself smiling as I trucked on down the road. Too bad the crossing guard wasn't out there because I KNOW he would've said:"Running fast today, aren't you?" Will I really find the courage to run in "public" at a 5K? That's my next hurdle in this mind game called running. I can't say that enough! It is a HEAD GAME!I can't wait to run again on Sunday!

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

Gurl! Running a 5K is a piece-o-cake! You will find so many levels of runners,and you might just make a couple of friends for life if you get really into it.

Did I ever tell you about my friend, Mr. Goldsmith? That's right! One of the owners of the department store in Memphis. He was in his 80s and me in my 30s, but we ran the same speed! We actually encouraged each other and I did a whole half-marathon with him beside me from mile 6 on! Now that's living!

Head back, chin up, and knees kicking high - Go sign up for an event - Now! I'll just be back here waiting on the couch to read your results. ;D

Susie said...

You are the BEST encourager!! I know there is a 5K in town in May, so I thought I would get the map and start running that course. That way I'll know where I stack up with it. I'm real excited about at least trying to run the course. Perfect for the beginning of a year and will keep me interested. As my broken record keeps saying,"It's in your HEAD, Susie! Head straight? Run will be straight!"