Friday, January 16, 2009

Today it was 11 degrees when I ran and I didn't feel my feet for the first mile!

I'm not so creative with my blog entries on running these days. I am putting in the time, putting in the miles, filling the running prescription I was given in the book. I hate the fight I have with my mind on cold mornings. My mind says stay in bed and my body is ready to run. It's interesting...this concept of mind over matter...the mind runs the show, that's for sure! If I ever get the running clothes on...I'm in good shape..the actual run is always enjoyable and challenging in a good way. So today I ran again on a rest day because I didn't want to play the mind games I always play on rest days: "was that your last run?" "are you going to quit now?""if you eat that your run will suck tomorrow". There's peace after I run...a personal peace with myself. It's like going to some kind of confessional or something. I feel pure like you do after having done the right thing. I am easiest and kindest on myself after a run and give myself break. The further away from the run, there's probably a little fear that I won't do it again. Why, you ask? Because I have started and stopped a bajillion diets and exercise regimes since I was 13 years old. Ah, but that's another subject probably NOT for another day! HA!

3 comments:

maggie moran said...

I know exactly what you mean, Susie. You have inspired me to think about getting out there, but I plain don't want to! I'm debating the pros and cons of getting up at 5AM instead of 5:30 so I can run, eat, and then go to work. Pete is making me eat breakfast every morning before my coffee. Baby steps right!?!

sage said...

On that day here, it was -11 with windchills around -30! I did go out x-country skiing late in the afternoon, after it'd warmed up and was over on the positive side. Keep it up!

Susie said...

Do get out there, Maggie! I am SERIOUS I have NO running buddies for 5K's!(But if you don't, it's okay, cause I'm used to running alone.)
Sage, I'm thinking your version of cold weather gear and my version are two completely different animals. I've always wanted to try cross-country skiing! It's on my "to do" list.